Chef Olivier Elzer was one of the chefs in Hong Kong who first used sous vide cooking in his meat dishes to the exact level of doneness desired, keeping stability and superb quality of his creations in his Michelin restaurants Pierre MO, Joel Robuchon HK, Seasons by Olivier E, and presently L’envol St Regis HK. Once the secret of the Michelin starred chef, Chef Olivier is now preparing Sous Vide food in O’Chef Lab readily cooked for your home dishes.
'Sous Vide’ in French means ‘under vacuum’, refers to the process of vacuum-sealing food in a retort bag, then cooking it to a very precise temperature in a water bath. This technique produces results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method.
With O’Chef Lab Sous Vide series of meats – chicken breast, chicken legs, pork racks, beef ribs, beef tenderloin, challandais duck breast…don’t be surprised if your family and friends are surprised with the perfect steak / proteins you serve in your home dinner.
1. Place the lamb rack into the fridge(0-4°C) overnight before proceeding.
2. Insert the Sous Vide cooker into the water container with 50°C
3. When the water reaches the desired temperature, place the vacuum bag into the water bath and set the time for 25 minutes. If you don't have the Sous Vide cooker, boil the water and turn to mid low heat, put the lamb rack with the bag inside and boil for 25 minutes.
4. Heat the pan until hot and then turn to mid low temperature,add olive oil until it starts to smoke, carefully add lamb rack and put the herbs and garlic upon, cook 1 minute per side or until nicely browned.
5.For the Garlic and Herbs lamb rack, heat the pan until hot and then turn to mid low temperature, lay the lamb rack with the sauce together, cook 1 minute per side or until nicely browned.
6.Transfer the lamb rack to a cutting board and add a little salts and pepper on it.
7.If you prefer a more cooked lamb rack, slice it and then put on the pan to heat a minute.
8. Chef Olivier Elzer recommends to taste with the O'Chef Lab garlic herbs butter together. *Store in freezer(-18°C) could be kept for six months